Brain Training.. my experiment

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've decided to regularly do one of those brain training things.. a set of 'games' each day.   I've been deliberately keeping Sundar off my lap when I do them, in case he distracts me.  However lately he's been insistent and so I've let him stay. 

The result:  Much higher scores!!!  I get better scores with him just on my lap, and even higher if I pat him while doing them (at least, for the ones that only require one hand).

If anyone else does them, try testing it out, sans cat, with cat, with cat + patting.

We might just be on to something!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What games are you do? I've been working on Elevate, which gives games in all kinds of subjects: Spelling, punctuation, grammar, discounting, percentages, word parts, reading, comprehension, syntax, a little bit of everything. Probably doing it since the spring. It's really interesting and both Rick and I enjoy the games. 

I've never tried them with a cat on my lap, although Mollipop has been on the table next to me when I've worked on them. I should put her on my lap and see what happens. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
@Winchester I'm doing Lumosity.   I must check out Elevate...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'll have to check out Lumosity! There's a free version of Elevate and that's the one we're doing.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I used to do Lumosity. I really should get back to it. :nod: