Brain-Eating Amoeba

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

An Amoeba is neither a bug, insect or even a bacteria. They are all single (1) cell organisms. Most are to small to be seen with the naked eye, but some of the largest can be seen without a microscope. They move about like small little blobs feeding on decaying matter, bacteria and other living organisms smaller than itself.
Yes, they can be killed very easily. Chlorinating the water will destroy them, so your city water is safe. However, they have not found a drug that can destroy it when it enters the body. Most Amoebas are found at the bottom of warm lake or pond, on the top surface of the mud.
You can read more about Amoebas here. They are really interesting creatures, for being nothing more than a single celled blob
if it can eat my brain Its a bug

and dont get fooled i saw the blob.......next thing will be a really big one hanging around outside the movie theather.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

LMAO>>>

Sorry I saw this 20 plus yrs ago on national geographic...It is not a new thing/// Plus medical investigations highlighted it ///
lol i was still a half way a kid 20 year ago

and my understanding it is new for the US... or so i think they said,
anyway new or old, i dont like it

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

if it can eat my brain Its a bug

and dont get fooled i saw the blob.......next thing will be a really big one hanging around outside the movie theather.
Hey, just make sure you have a supply of CO2 fire extinguishers on hand