Braces, teeth huuurt!!!!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw on tv today if you eat a small bar of pure dark chocolate it makes every pain of the body go away.. loL

Bracess as a piss, I had them and my teeth are going back the way it used to be!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel your pain too!
Had braces for five years from ages 12 to 17!
Sending good vibes your way!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain! Poor thing! I had braces for 5 years! I was supposed to get them off but we moved and for some sadistic reason, the new dentist thought I should wear new ones for the whole 3 years again, insetad of the 2 the original dentist gave me! It was a horrible experience! Of course when they gave me that stupid head gear to wear, I'd never wear it until the night before I went and amazingly, he said my teeth were doing a great job! LOL! yeah because they were straight and had no where else to go!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
I have a very low tolerance for pain, so it is sort of more painful for me.
I hate them though!
My parents drive me crazy too. The reason they needed to be adjusted is that they broke weeks ago and my parents kept forgetting to make an appointment!

I want them off!

Thanks for all the sympathy!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm..Sometimes I think teeth should just be let be - There seem to be some many people with braces who just don't look like they need it.

I mean to be honest, they are a money maker for dentists - But in saying that, I'm sure there are people who have benefited from braces as well.

I was lucky in that my dentist said that I could have had braces, but that it wasn't really worth it and my teeth are perfectly fine!! I thank my lucky stars that I had such a great dentist!!!

Hope the pain gets better soon!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
ooooh not nice. I know how you feel, me and my sister used to stuff our faces with frozen pee's but if you have sensitive teeth I don't think you could do that. I feel bad for you, just think of the end result!!!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oooh...I have very sensative teeth, too--I hear ya!! I don't have braces though, so that I wouldn't understand. But how about you put on some music that you like, have some...uhh...hot chocolate? (doesn't hurt my teeth unless it's really hot) Cookies? Maybe your favorite kinda sandwich and a Tylonal or somethin to help the pain a little bit?? I don't know...here are some random smilies to maybe cheer ya up!! heh...

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm only happy I had braces b/c I had a huge gap between my front teeth b/c I don't have enough teeth on top! Yes, I'm a freak and so is my dad and my sister. Personally, I think that was the only reason worth correcting. I ended up with some enamel damage from the braces, and also had a permanent retainer on the back of my front teeth for years, which also caused some problems. I never wore the removable retainers, and yes, my bottom teeth did move back but I don't care.
My dad's teeth moved back to the way they were when he was in his forties. He doesn't care. My husbands teeth also seem to be moving back, and it doesn't bother him, but his mom is sort of ticked after paying a lot of money as a single mom 20 years ago.

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel your brace pain.

Believe me, if you have really crooked teeth, it's worth the trouble.
I had them for 3 years. I had a severe over-bite and an off-center lower jaw (it's still slightly off)...and not enough room in my mouth for my big teeth! Had to have 2 pulled on top to make room...my upper 2nd incisors (sp?) stuck straight out like fangs. I had 3 years of brackets, wires, rubber bands, headgear and PAIN....
But you know, it will all be worth it when the orthodontist takes those d!mn things off your teeth and you don't mind flashing a big, toothy smile because your teeth are straight!

And, thanks to the ortho work, you will have a much lower risk of TMJ issues.
TMJ hurts like the devil...my boyfriend and my mother both suffer from it. If your bite is straightened out it significantly reduces your risk.

I guess my point is, it really freakin' sucks right now, but later you will be glad you went through it.

zoggy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its kind of funny how 75% of the kids in all of my classes in high school have braces.