Boycott Greece

ailurophile1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Greece for many has been very cruel to cats. They do not spay/neuter, and for population control they use rat poison! They are planning to be crueler than usual with the upcoming Olynpics, so please, spread the word, never travel to Greece, write to the tourist minister, and boycott all olympic sponsors!! Check this link:
http://www.goldengreece.com/animals2/1.htm
Thank you very much, on behalf of all the sweet cats of Greece!

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to stay at a motel in Dorval Quebec whose restaurant was run by a Greek couple...Their family used to come over every so often fron Greece. The "macho" way they treat their women was enough to sour any idea I ever had of visiting there. Wasn't real impressed with the food either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ailurophile1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, I must say the people do seem nice (to other people). But they have a village mentality when it comes to cats. Please boycott all olympic sponsors! And please read this link:
http://www.goldengreece.com/animals2/1.htm
Thank you all!

clairey-pooh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have to agree that the Greeks do not care for their cats...but unfortunatly this is the same for the amount of dogs raoming the streets. It is unfortunate that this has become a way of life and embedded in their culture that they have this attitude.

Greece is my favourite place to holiday and I have probably been in excess of 20times

the last time i went i had a shock though. I discovered that 'rich' families readily have cats as pets and they are usually indoor cats that are pedigrees. The owner of the apartment block that we stayed in had a very posh cat tied on a leash on the balcony

very strange