Boy or girl cat?

cat4girl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been wondering which one to get,boy cat or girl cat?Any personal experiences would be very helpful.lots of meows,Cat4Girls

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have other cats already, right? Tell us a bit more about them and we can help advise as to who will fit in!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two males usually get along fine together, then would be a female and and a male. Two females seem to always have a 'diva' thing going on and strive to be queen of the house.  In all my years of sharing my life with cats, it seems the females are a little more aloof then the males, the males more cuddly and friendly. But there is always the exception to the rule, I've got a little female right now that is a 'love bug!' They ALL have their own unique personality, some more laid back, some energetic and playful, you have to observe them carefully before committing to one, get one that fits better into your own personality. Even tiny kittens can have completely different temperaments, and usually retain them throughout life. Thank you so much for being so interested in checking things BEFORE getting a new lifetime companion, because they are just that, they have feelings too, and I don't understand how some people can discard them like they won't feel the bewilderment and fear of abandonment. All the luck. and keep us posted!

cheadle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I always had female cats, but my kitten now is a male and probably the nicest cat I've ever had... But I don't think there's a real correlation in behavior and sex.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will also add that it shouldn't matter much as long as everyone is spayed and neutered. I know you have pregnant cats now. Would you get everyone fixed before bringing in a new resident? Do you plan to keep any kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat4girl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone. Talking peanut sorry I was not clear, they are my grandmas cats.i don't plan on keeping any of the kittens(although they are so cute).i will talk to my grandma about getting them fixed but that is far from ideal as there is not a vet near us. My cats are both female and occasionally get into play fights. Tigeress is bold and the one who always wants food! Biscuit is shy and loves sitting on your lap. Both great cats.thanks for the responses.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. Talking peanut sorry I was not clear, they are my grandmas cats.i don't plan on keeping any of the kittens(although they are so cute).i will talk to my grandma about getting them fixed but that is far from ideal as there is not a vet near us. My cats are both female and occasionally get into play fights. Tigeress is bold and the one who always wants food! Biscuit is shy and loves sitting on your lap. Both great cats.thanks for the responses.
I would hold off on getting any additional cats until you can be sure they can be spayed and neutered. It is not a happy life for them as pets if they are intact.