Boy kitty is humping his brother kitty!?

theterribleduo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok now these two cats are both around six months,their not spayed or neutered, and for some very odd reason....Roary has been humping his brother Gizzy.

I snap at him,pick him up and just to be sure checked between the legs..it was out and he had his mouth open at a panting pace.

My other cat Gizzy is totally freaked out and fwaps at Roary lately to stay away

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's because they're not neutered.

I know unneutered dogs will hump other dogs, regardless of gender. So I'm thinking cats are the same way.

Just get both of your boys neutered and it will stop :)

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That does sound like budding tom behavior. Best to nip it in the bud and get them neutered.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is 2011, no room for bigotry, you should respect their lifestyle choice and get them rainbow collars.  

Just kidding, get those two neutered ASAP or the foul smelling urine and spraying will be far more annoying than weirding out your guests.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, neutering will stop the worst of it, including the spraying that will start very soon, if not already. But this behaviour often occurs between cats of all genders, neutered or not, to express dominance. The only difference of course, is that once neutered, they can't actually DO anything!