Bowel Movement

N Ivey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 12 yr. old Himalayan is running through house dropping her bowel movement. Two veterinarians have changed her diet, but that did not help.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How long has this been going on? What is the texture of the stool? What color is it? How often a day does this happen?

Could be any number of things, and those answers will help us come up with some ideas. While we are NOT vets, nor do we take the place of them, occasionally we'll come at things from another direction.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

N Ivey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How long has this been going on? What is the texture of the stool? What color is it? How often a day does this happen?

Could be any number of things, and those answers will help us come up with some ideas. While we are NOT vets, nor do we take the place of them, occasionally we'll come at things from another direction.
This has been going on for about 3 years on and off. I think it all started when she had a ruptured anal gland. Since then she has them checked periodically. She is currently on Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Diet mixed with Hills Prescription WD. She also gets Royal CAnin Gastrointestinal canned food twice a day.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been going on for about 3 years on and off. I think it all started when she had a ruptured anal gland. Since then she has them checked periodically. She is currently on Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Diet mixed with Hills Prescription WD. She also gets Royal CAnin Gastrointestinal canned food twice a day.
Can your Cat handle "Starches " ? If so perhaps you could add some cooked white rice in with the canned food.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This happens to our cat periodically. We give him saccharomyces boullardi to help. It's a human probiotic that helps firm up stools. We also give him an anti-nausea medication.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You know, I'm wondering if she still has a bit of tenderness when she uses the box. She may actually be running away from discomfort. I know you've had her checked again, but did you discuss this possibility with your vets?

I'm currently racking my brain trying to think of something that would make elimination easier without causing diarrhea.