Both my cats are behaving a little abnormally

kurayami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two cats, Montana, 3 and Lamington, 2. When meal times come around, my cats generally eat their food in one sitting. But they've both changed their behaviour since this past weekend. I was out for 15 hours on Friday, so I fed them like I usually do when I get up, but they didn't get their dinner until 10pm. Since then, they've only been picking at the food, and not finishing it.

I have been putting the food up and not putting it down again until bedtime, because I don't want to encourage them to graze.

Am I doing the right thing?

I'm not sure what else to do. Montana also vomited this morning, but she does that every few weeks to expel hairballs. I'm keeping an eye on them, I don't want to take either of them to the vet if I can avoid it. Neither of them seem to have a temperature or anything.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Mel

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you don't want to, but I honestly think you need to get them both seen by a vet. It's possible something happened on Friday that you aren't aware of. Digestive/appetite issues can escalate worryingly quickly. It's always better (and cheaper) to catch and treat things early on.

I hope they're both ok :vibes: