Bossy and greedy kitten!!

slavetomycats39

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all I have 2 kittens (brother and sister) aged 4 months (Vet will be 'fixing' him early in case of accidents!). I know there is hierarchy when there is more than one cat but Sylvester also eats his sisters food, which is becoming a problem. I give them exactly the same food, same flavour etc, feed her in another area of the kitchen where I usually sit (I work from home) so I can keep an eye on her bowl since she doesn't eat it all at once, but he still manages to sneak in and eat some of hers, and if I go out, he'll eat all hers and leave his!! I don't know what else to do really as I live in a small house and have nowhere really where she can go eat on her own without him following. He's also a bit of a bully where being petted is concerned, and will swat at his sister so she moves and he gets all the fuss! (which doesn't work as I go out of my way to make sure she gets attention! Any ideas would be great!

bella 2710

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can try putting two bowls of wet food out, not to far from eachother. Only leave them down for no longer then about 45 minutes before throwing them away (they grow bacteria fast), if the little girl kitten knows its not going to be down for long, it might in courage her to eat it as soon as you put it down. Also make sure there is dry food in two seperate bowls left out all day everyday for them to nibble on.
The boy hungry still after eating his food because of the brand of food your using, whiskers is full of cereal (basically bulked up with god knows what), so it doesn't actually fill him up, that might be why he is eating hers as well.
Almo kitten is a really good food to try, no crap in it and they do both wet & dry food.
Hope it helps

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slavetomycats39

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, I never thought about emptying the bowls after a certain amount of time but I leave the biscuits in separate bowls anyway but never thought about Whiskas being full of cereal!
I'll have to see if they sell Almo over here in the UK, I use the Wellbeloved biscuits as our Vet recommended them and they love them, they do a wet food as well, in case I can't get the one you advised, thanks for your help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slavetomycats39

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can try putting two bowls of wet food out, not to far from eachother. Only leave them down for no longer then about 45 minutes before throwing them away (they grow bacteria fast), if the little girl kitten knows its not going to be down for long, it might in courage her to eat it as soon as you put it down. Also make sure there is dry food in two seperate bowls left out all day everyday for them to nibble on.
The boy hungry still after eating his food because of the brand of food your using, whiskers is full of cereal (basically bulked up with god knows what), so it doesn't actually fill him up, that might be why he is eating hers as well.
Almo kitten is a really good food to try, no crap in it and they do both wet & dry food.
Hope it helps
I've just noticed you're from the UK  as well so I'll definitely look for some Almo! :D

bella 2710

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Go onto zooplus website they have it on there, they always have really good deals and everytime you place a order they send your kitty a free gift.