Boreal Cat Food

zeiter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Boreal does not mention the PH in their food. Orijen  ( much more expensive than Boreal) claims it is between 5.5 and 6, and I do not know what is the correct ratio for a cat, nobody seems to mention that ratio in their food.  I know this won't do you good now,  but for future consideration, and I hope your cats get well.

Slipp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ive had my 9 year old cat on the boreal wet food for about six months and she loves it. I alternate the cobb chicken & Canadian duck formula and the Cobb chicken New Zealand lamb and angus beef formula. The change is in her litter box. All her poops are a lot healthier since the switch.

theskidkid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Reviving this thread because it is now 2020 and I wanted to give an account of my personal experience with the Boréal wet food. I've had my cat on nothing but Friskies for almost 7 years now, and have had the HARDEST time getting her to even go near any other kind of canned wet food.

Recently, I tried the Boréal wet food at the Pet Store's recommendation. Seeing that my cat is female, I am not too worried about feeding her a canned food that is mostly (real) tuna based. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that she absolutely LOVES this stuff. She turned her nose up at it at first, but I left the plate out for a couple of hours and she eventually gobbled up the entire serving.

Now, every time I put out a plate of wet food for her, she literally licks it clean. She doesn't seem to be a fan of any of the cans with the white labels (cobb chicken & duck, etc) but she seems to love every single flavour of the blue labeled cans.

What I especially love about this food – the visible chunks of real meat/protein. Entire mini-shrimps, chunks of chicken and whitefish, real peas and carrots. Colour me impressed.

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Boreal changed formula last year (?) and since then Vega started accepting their food. She was not a fan of the previous recipe.
I use the large cans for rotation. The protein content seems low though:stars:
Reviving this thread because it is now 2020 and I wanted to give an account of my personal experience with the Boréal wet food. I've had my cat on nothing but Friskies for almost 7 years now, and have had the HARDEST time getting her to even go near any other kind of canned wet food.

Recently, I tried the Boréal wet food at the Pet Store's recommendation. Seeing that my cat is female, I am not too worried about feeding her a canned food that is mostly (real) tuna based. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that she absolutely LOVES this stuff. She turned her nose up at it at first, but I left the plate out for a couple of hours and she eventually gobbled up the entire serving.

Now, every time I put out a plate of wet food for her, she literally licks it clean. She doesn't seem to be a fan of any of the cans with the white labels (cobb chicken & duck, etc) but she seems to love every single flavour of the blue labeled cans.

What I especially love about this food – the visible chunks of real meat/protein. Entire mini-shrimps, chunks of chicken and whitefish, real peas and carrots. Colour me impressed.