Bootser 1993 - 2013

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.  She was beautiful.  My dad had a cat who was more content to be outdoors until he got older.  He lived to be 23 years old and spent the majority of his time outside.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very, very sorry for your loss, but happy you had twenty wonderful years to share her love. She led a happy, good life, she knew she was loved very much, I would wish the same for all of our furbabies. The pain seems never ending, but time will dull it and allow you remember the happy times with smiles instead of tears..... remember, she would never want you to be so sad. My husband took our Chrissy's death very hard too, I still tear up when he talks to her at her grave, it's heartbreaking. I'll pray for you both to find peace, Bootser will be waiting for you both at the Rainbow Bridge, safe and warm. RIP beautiful Bootser!

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you. She really was a gorgeous cat. Small and very fluffy with that longer hair of hers.

I remember one afternoon before she came into the house. She and I were sitting out on the back deck, just talking; well, I was talking and she was listening (I think). Another cat came into the yard; he was easily twice her size, a great big ginger tom. She tore off the deck and went after that cat and chased him all the way up to behind the trees at the back of the property. Then she turned around and came back down to the deck and flopped back down beside me. You could tell that she was so proud of herself....she was protecting "her" property even back then. 

Bootser was never really happy in the house. She had an independent spirit and when she came inside, she was different. As much as I believe that cats have a longer, better life indoors, there are some cats that, maybe, should not be made to spend their lives inside. And she was one of those cats. Yes, she lived to be over 20 years old and she had the best care we could give her. But I've often wondered if she wouldn't have been happier had she been indoor and outdoor. I don't often say that or even think that about our cats. But I do when I think of Bootser.
Great story. 
  Sounds like you have some wonderful memories of Bootser. I think you gave her the best of both worlds (indoor and outdoor).

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry Pam as I am now just seeing this.  Thanks for sending me the PM, I had no idea.  It seems all the kitties of yours  I have met are leaving  one by one. I remember I just missed meeting Hydrox, the old Coot.  Yes those three are probably wrecking havoc at the Bridge, maybe they will bump into my Misty.  Hydrox is probably ruling over them all.

I don't usually read this thread because it's just too sad, I think I should check into it once in a while from now on.

Again Pam, so sorry for your loss of Bootser.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Carol. She had a good life. And yeah, since you were here the last time, we lost Banshee, Whisper, and Bootser. It's just so sad. And Hydrox died right before you came here. God, four of our original six are gone. Hard to believe.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks, Carol. She had a good life. And yeah, since you were here the last time, we lost Banshee, Whisper, and Bootser. It's just so sad. And Hydrox died right before you came here. God, four of our original six are gone. Hard to believe.
Yes, we do wish they would live forever but the time always comes when we have to say good-by.  I'm glad you were able to meet my Misty a few times before she went to the Bridge.  As I said, hopefully they are all playing together now.