Boots got into a glue mouse trap...

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

i've heard that cat urine is meant to be a rodent detterent, not sure if thats true though. if it is, you could always lay dirty litter or the litter tray around where you saw the mice.
This is true.....My parents had a horrible mouse problem beofre they got their shealter kitty Gus......After about a month they never saw a mouse again...and Gus never caught a single mouse...Besides one who he viciously drowned in the dogs water dish....lol

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also read somewhere here recently that Bounce sheets (I can't remember the exact kind but they were the spring scented I think) will deter mice. I bought a box and put some sheets around in various places in the basement. I don't know if they work but there is no sign of mice.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

i've heard that cat urine is meant to be a rodent detterent, not sure if thats true though. if it is, you could always lay dirty litter or the litter tray around where you saw the mice.

I don't think it works because my cats are in an enclosed patio and they pee (spray) out there and I see mice run past there all of the time. Actually the cats love watching the mice run by-they only wish they could catch them!
Fortunately none (mice) have come into our house (well this house, the previous house had a horrible rodent problem)