Boosting the immune system.. what to use?

Ibbygirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've used the human version of 4Life Transfer Factor Classic for our cat with FIV and FHV (as well as some other ongoing health issues), mostly because it has the fewest ingredients. And when you have a cat who is allergic to all sorts of stuff, we figured the simpler, the better. :wink:
Thank you so much. What is the dosage that you give and how many times a day? My cat is a year old and weighs 8 pounds. Thank you. :)

Ibbygirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I personally use now lysine powder. When she got sick I would give her this
Buy Colostrum Supplements | Sovereign Laboratories it's colostrum but it's lab certified and fresh. Buy the powder.
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm trying to see if I understood your comments correctly. Are you saying you give your cat the colostrum when she is sick only and then give her the lysine all other times? (If so what dosage and how often for a year old 8 pound cat?) or are you saying that you used to give her the colostrum when she got sick but now give her the lysine instead? Thanks for your time and help. :)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. What is the dosage that you give and how many times a day? My cat is a year old and weighs 8 pounds. Thank you. :)
You'd need to check with your vet for the dosage for your cat's size and needs. I honestly don't remember what's usually recommended, as our cat is a pretty big guy with lots of ongoing health problems, and what works for him may not be appropriate for your kitty.

One of the things that we've liked about the 4Life Transfer Factor Classic is that it's easy to sneak into Buddy's food. We just open up the capsules and sprinkle the powder in with his food, and he doesn't seem to realize it's there. :wink: