Book thread

chee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ooh yeah Bodlover, Wuthering Heights was one of my favs too. I adore Jane Austen though, and the worst thing is now that i have read them all there are no more!!! And with Emily Bronte it was worse, that was it! I have read Tess too, it is really good. I am sure i have read a Susan Howatch too, i know she is definately on my list of must reads...do you like Catherine Cooksen? I tend to go to the library and get way too many good books to read, and never have the time! Actually i did a post grad degree in English Lieterature, so i ws sort of able to read what i loved and call it study

Happy reading everyone

Chee & Breeze (who doesn`t read yet, but does like to sit in books)

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hiya Chee, yup I do like Catherine Cookson!! To be honest though I haven't actually read that many of her books, I don't know why I haven't cos I loved the ones I have read!!! I think my fave one of hers is "The Cinder Path" and "The Glass Virgin" - If you want to get some Susan Howatch Books, have a look on Yahoo auctions!! - I go on a mjor book spree there every time I get paid!! Yipeee!!! Like you though, I have now run out of Susan Howatch books to read!! Doh!!
That degree sounds great! I always think about going in to proof reading - but knowing my luck I'd end up having to read really boring books and no good fictions!! ha ha ha....Hmmm Lets see, what about Virginia Andrews? - Shes great too, "Flowers in the Attic" was just brilliant..just couldn't put it down! Let me know if read any Susan Howatch! If you can't find any, I'd be happy to send ya a couple! (Just make sure you don't start with "Sins of the Fathers" - not one of her best at all....tut tut.....I'd start with "Penmarric" or "Cashelmara" - both are absolutely BRILLIANT!)

chee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Penmaric! That was the one i read, but it ws so long ago i don`t remember anything about it, i will get it out of the library, they have a lot of Susan Howatch. Yeah i love Cooksen, but i have not read any for a while, i can`t remember the last one i read. I loved doing my degree too, it was divided into four papers, and i took, Victorian, Romantic (poetry, i love that) New Zealand Literature, and Post Colonial, so i had a delicous vareity...of course the 5000 word essays, and presentations were required too

Happy reading

Chee & Breeze

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i just finished an absolute heartbreaking non-fictional book called "A Child Called It" by Dave Pelzer it's the first of 3 books in the series.

and am currently reading through Geralds Game by Stephen King

juicelyn0527

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Johnny Got His Gun is one of the greatest books I EVER read..read it in high school- it is written in stream of consciousness which is completely how I write (ever noticed?). I just finished A Walk to Remember- sobbed like a baby- freaked my hubby out. I am reading Church of the Dead Girls now. In the midst as well of reading The Chronicles of Narnia (WOW!) Let's see...oh- my class and I just finished reading ON MY HONOR- great book for upper/middle grades kids. AP- I have read MONSTER- loved it- love him. I love the Kellerman's, Patterson, Grisham, Cornwell..to name a few. I must admit though that I thoroughly love reading children's books- head over heels for Harry Potter, Nancy Drew...you name it. If you ever need a rec. of a kids book- let me know!

DEB- How's that Dr. Seuss doing for ya? Is he your favorite children's author?

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also read "A child called it" Very disturbing.... but I kinda wanted it to carry on a bit longer, found it kinda short....guess I ought to read the rest in the series eh!??!! haha

OMG Juicelyn!!! I used to LOVE Nancy Drew books when I was little!!! I used to collect them all!!! Was she cool or was she cool eh?!?!? hahaha (and she always got the guy....
typical...
haha)