Booger (with picture)

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I'm suspecting Ming has the side effect of sneezing to either prednisolone or claveseptin... He's been sneezing every few hours. It's not as bad as last time when we were given those antibiotics and he would have sneeze attacks every 15 minutes. I read that prednisolone weakens the immune system so I'm suspecting he caught his sneeze from the cold that came over us all of a sudden. Last time, I thought it was because my friend who has two outdoor cats, acted as a carrier for a virus. What do you think?

He has this one big booger up his nose that he tries to lick out all the time. And I was looking at it and it seems kind of red/pinkish... Now I'm wondering if it's even a booger! I'm hoping it's not some infection due to a wound or too much sneezing... When I press down on that nostril, he yelps but he doesn't yelp when I press on the other one. Here's a pic:

Last edited:

mphscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does he have any kind of nasal discharge?  I agree that this is  hopefully an allergic reaction to something he's taking.  Have you had your vet look at it?  If not, I would suggest a visit just for peace of mind.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Does he have any kind of nasal discharge?  I agree that this is  hopefully an allergic reaction to something he's taking.  Have you had your vet look at it?  If not, I would suggest a visit just for peace of mind.
I agree.  this does not look like a "booger" to me.  Could be the nasal passage is very inflamed, could be a polyp, could be ?????  Hopefully your Vet can figure it out.

mphscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And I don't want to scare you but it COULD be something. It needs to be seen by a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's no nasal discharge - not sure if that's bad or good thing?

I think I'll show this picture to the vet tech/receptionist tomorrow after work and see what they have to say. I'm waiting for my pet insurance cheque and until then, I don't think I can go to the vet just yet. He's eating well and the sneezing is going away now that his prednisolone is in the tapering stage. But definitely, I will go get this "booger" checked!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm also wondering what do normal cat boogers look like?