Boo-mums cat-aged 23

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mum just phoned me to tell me her cat Boo has passed away. She was 23, so a fab age but still doesn't make it any easier. She had a stroke, dad rushed her to the vets and they tried to do everything they could but unfortunately her heart was too weak and he had to make the heartbreaking decision to put her to sleep. I remember the day we got her, such a tiny girl, she had had a bad start but mum soon changed that. Boo was the grumpiest cat ever until her old age when she just mellowed beyond laid back. I am so sorry for my mum and the beautiful girl who was only 4 years older than me.she had problems with a lump on her lip for a couple of years but she managed to overcome that and even the vet commented how amazing she was. My mum will be unconsolable for a very long time and she said her other cats are very clingy at the moment.Play happily on the rainbow bridge Boo, love you.xx

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I a, so sorry honey... What a long, wonderful age... How ,many wonderful years she lived with your mom...
Please extend our condolences to your mom...

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for yours and your family's loss of your beloved Boo. 23 years! What a testimony to all the wonderful love and care she received all her life.

Boo is in good company at the Bridge.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
23 years! Again - what a testiment to the love and care your mother gave to Boo! But you're so very right - instead of making it easier knowing what a long and wonderful life she lived, it will be even harder because Boo has been such a constant in your family's lives for so long.

My deepest condolences to you and your mum, and all of your family.

I admit, I had to smirk a little reading that Boo was the grumpiest cat ever. She may have been grumpy but that was part of her personality, and admit it - it was one of the things that made her special and that you and your mum loved about her.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, Boo...sweetie you will be missed bigtime!
RIP angel

Many
to you and your family, Ruthy. This hole will take a while to heal, I suspect.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry for everyone's loss of Boo.

I had a cat pass at 22. It is certainly because you took such good care of her.

God bless all of you and your sweet old gal, now an
kitty, Boo.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also very sorry for your loss. What amazing love and care she received from your mum and you!!! Please tell her how remarkable she is for this wonderful life she was able to nurture!!! I hope her pain is eased by the beautiful memories of her Boo. And may the love Boo left for you give you strength in this dark hour.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh hun, 23 years, wow... I am very sorry for the pain you and your family must be going through.
What a wonderful long life she had though!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry for your family's loss of their precious cat. They must be in terrible pain. Hugs to your mother. I hope the memories of twenty three years will be near and dear to her heart and that she will find peace.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always said no matter how old they are, their still babies in my eyes

I really hope i'm lucky enough to have my kids live to that fantastic age. Your Mum was so fortunate, and so was Boo.

Have fun at the bridge baby girl. Heaven is a lucky place for having a pretty girl like you

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My condolences to you and your family. Twenty-three is a remarkable age, and her loss will certainly have a big impact on your lives. , Boo.