Boo-hoo for Jets

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want to send out a quick boo-hoo for all Jets fan. The Indianapolis Colts just bucked them out of the chance to go to the Superbowl. I am a server at a busy downtown restaurant in Indy and I have been waiting on alot of New Yorkers in the past couple of days. Very nice people--too bad it had to happen...

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wanted to see 'ol Brett win the superbowl and retire.
The most glaring thing in that game was that neither team played well enough to be in the big one. So ... I favor the Colts.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to see Peyton whip ol' Brett's fanny in the big game.

Both games were really good today! The last quarter of the Colts game I had Brighton asleep in my arms...so I had to just smile and give a thumbs up on a good play. That's the quietest that I've watched football....in a LONG time. I'm usually whooping and jumping when it's a good game. Thai is scarce on Sundays, during football season!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed, both games today were better than the last 2 weeks of playoff games! I wanted the Jets to win... I actually have a personal problem with Peyton Manning.. but that game I was ok with I guess.

BF and I went out to the local brewpub to watch the 2nd game- I REALLY have a problem with Brett Fav-re with all his retire-cry-unretire-retire-cry-etc-etc, and being as that game was really good and suspenseful, I was just about dying til the end!!! I did NOT want that guy to finally go out on top. For the whole season I've been saying "I Will Not Allow It! He Cannot Go Out On Top! After All This Nonsense I just Won't Allow It!!!"

THAT said, I've got 2 weeks to decide who i want to win the Superbowl. I have a bit of a problem with the Saints in that the city rebuilt the Superdome before giving priority to the regular people who lived in NO who lost everything after Katrina. Yes, yes, the football will bring people (read: tourist money) to the city, but still. I have issues with that.

So... most likely I will root against Peyton and his horses... but I've got 2 weeks to decide.

btw- in case anyone wonders, I'm a Broncos fan. And I miss John Elway!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I live in Indiana, but I grew up in Northwest Indiana, so I'm a Bears fan. However, Drew Brees took Purdue to the Rose Bowl in 2001, and I'm a Boilermaker through and through.

I'm rooting for the Saints this SuperBowl.

Btw, I find it hilarious that Drew Brees is once again doing well on a team whose colors are Black and Gold.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a Vikings fan. I've been a Vikings fan for 48 years. I hated Brett Favre when he was with the Packers - arch rivals, and all of that. This year, I've loved him.

Last night's game was so difficult to watch. It was difficult to see Favre knocked down so many times and still come back. I was sitting there the last minute with my heart in my mouth, and when he threw the interception and then the Saints got the call on the coin toss, I sort of knew it was over.

Very sad. 48 years and this team always seems to find a new way to break my heart. *sigh*

But, I'm a Vikings fan and I'll be back next year. They're the only football team for me.

I cannot get interested in the Super Bowl at all yet.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

I just want to send out a quick boo-hoo for all Jets fan. The Indianapolis Colts just bucked them out of the chance to go to the Superbowl. I am a server at a busy downtown restaurant in Indy and I have been waiting on alot of New Yorkers in the past couple of days. Very nice people--too bad it had to happen...
Altho I don't follow football, I do like to see who gets to the superbowl. I am glad the Eagles lost since Mike Vick is on that team now and whatever team he is on, I want them to lose.