Boo Boo is hot

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sicy, I can sympathize with you, since I'm in Mountain View which as I'm sure you know is about 10 or so miles south of Red Wood City.

We live in a Townhouse and our bedroom and office are upstairs. The cats have been MISERABLE, and so have I. We don't have any air conditioning either (Do you know how hard it is to find an apartment that has air conditioning around here? You'd think this was Alaska.. this is California for crying out loud it gets HOT here.) and so I've been taking showers every 30 minutes or so.. just quick 3 minute showers to let cold water run over me and to wet my hair. It helps me wonders.

I took all of my boys and soaked them down with cold bottled water that I keep in my fridge. They LOOOVED it. They layed there and let me pour it all over them and just purred so loudly. It helps keep them cool, and I am always so paranoid about them getting too hot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes Cass I know you understand!!!

omg I cant believe they let you pour water over them!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What great ideas! THANK GOD today wasn't so bad, but the past few days.... it really burns me up (no pun intended!)...our airconditioner went out a few weeks ago. We have ducted air in the motorhome, so it requires special hookup. We're not allowed to have pets in this RV Resort, and we made great arrangements to have the new a/c installed the day after we got back from VA two weeks ago. We had one day without rain, and that was it. We removed all traces of the cats, the people from the RV Resort (who also run the only repair shop they'll allow to work on units here) showed up... AND HAD ORDERED THE WRONG CABLES and assembly system in order to connect the a/c to our systems.

So Sicy, I know that some day I'm looking forward to a/c again, but right at the moment, I can totally relate to your problem! The parts they need should be in in another week or so... I guess we'll have to find a hotel around here that will take cats so I can hang with them somewhere while they do this. But right now our cats are all stretched out - they all seem to prefer the wood floor these days as opposed to the carpet. At least they're all eating! But the level of activity around here has been quite low... I love the washcloth wipedown idea!!!!!

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yea! im glad zoey liked the wet wash cloth,before we got ac i would do that to mine, they loved it, hope you too get cooled off soon

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Zoey's mommy. This is Peaches mommy.
It's pretty warm here in Utah today too. I got a couple air conditioners a few years ago at KMart. I've seen them there this year too and they're just under $100. Man, it's freaking worth it!!

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily I live in a basement suite where most of my house is in the shade. I have a fan I just bought for super cheap at cost-co for almost $40 I think. It's REMOTE CONTROL with many different settings!. High, medium, low, wind gust, 1h, 2h, 4h, & 8h timer. It's pretty cool. The wind gust goes slow, then fast, then slow, then fast...just like real wind. The hight is also adjustable.

williewz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was just in PetsMart the other day, and there was a pad to put on the floor to keep your pet cool. I don't know how it works, but it was right in the dog section. Maybe you could check it out? Or you could get some of those things you freeze to put in lunchboxes and put them between some towels for her to lay on...

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww Poor Babey Zoey!

I hope she's ok now
She's such a cutie and I bet that shot will be used for many more creations

Sam.

BTW. We have a/c and under floor heating and we never use either coz it's never too hot or too cold here in NZ.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well its cooling down now finally
Zoey is happy again LOL. The washcloth idea works good but only for a few minutes then she's dry again
I dont want to completely soak her, I'd be scared for my life