Boiled Chicken

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leoprincess

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks again Denice! It is actually quite good to hear that you've had so much luck with the steroid. When the vet said that I got worried ... But for some reason I thought it was a shot and not a pill, which I would have a hard time with.

I do hope that it is the parasite, but at least I know there are things we can do, if it is not. It's so hard waiting and trying different things when I see my poor kitten is not feeling well. I wish answers would have been easier and quicker, but I finally feel like I'm on the right path. Hopefully the meds he's on now will calm his stomach, even if only for a week ... He needs a break and so do we!

leoprincess

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Tylosin doesn't seem to be working, at all. He's been on it since Friday,1 pill twice a day, and his diarrhea is just as bad. It's not the watery mess it was on Friday, but still soft and causes him to bleed. I've had to clean him up twice today... Blood and poo.

The good news is that I'm no longer panicking with the blood, the bad news is, it's been going on so long, I'm no longer panicking with the blood. I'm SO frustrated. Results from the PCR test for trich f should be in the week or next. I'm tired of waiting for answers .... Want my kitten to be 'well' and if that's not possible, I'd like to know that.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know this is frustrating but these digestive things are often very hard to figure out.  I think it is not only possible but probable that your kitten can get past whatever this is.  It's just a matter of finding the answer.  

leoprincess

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Denice! I know its true and really I shouldn't complain .... He could have something worse. I guess in the past I've been so lucky with my cats that I've never had to deal with this sort of thing!

leoprincess

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My vet just called and Linus does have tritrichomonas foetus ... HUGE thank you to all members of this forum for your suggestions and help!!! If I hadn't found you guys, Linus would have been going on steroids for IBD.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad it turned out to be something easily taken care of.  He will be fine very soon.

leoprincess

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been on cloud 9 all morning! My vet is currently looking into where she can get the treatment in Toronto, so hopefully I'll have a prescription in the next few days. Not sure what the cost will be, but it doesn't really matter.

I'm pretty sure this was the first time my vet tested for this and I hope not the last. Although somewhat rare, I hope she'll now be able to help other people who have cats with chronic diarrhea!

Last edited: