bobtail cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peppersmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's not a manx?? hmm.. I read information about them.. and she seems to have all of the qualities and fits the description. It is high in the hind quarters with the back legs much longer than the forelegs, thus causing the rump to be higher than the shoulders and the bobbed tail. She's very loveable.. I might just try to talk my husband into keeping her myself.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Peppersmommy

She's very loveable.. I might just try to talk my husband into keeping her myself.
Neco is so sweet.

Wishing you lots of good luck! Good vibes going to Neco!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peppersmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her poop or urine one.. smells REALLY bad.. I think something may be wrong with her that might be why someone dropped her off.. what can I do to fix that besides taking her to the vet.. thats not an option.. we don't have the money and I was just trying to find her a home.

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And the breed its close to depends on the shape of the ears,tail,and body shape....most domestic bobtails are either from American bobtail,Japanese bobtail,or Manx Origins.

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ears-on a manx at the base their ears look like the bottom of a cradle...in the American the ears are smaller an far apart,the Japanese is larger and farther apart.
Bobtail-Japanese have Pom-Pom like tails that are usually crooked.American have Pom poms also.Manx usually have no tail,a regular tail(which most breeders,not all,will dock the tail of these cats to make them more adoptable),a stumpy tail(looks like a stump),or rarely an actual bobtail(pompom)
Body-The American an the manx are more stocky,the American more so than the manx,both the American and the Manx have more rounded heads.While the Japanese is more lanky with a more triangular head.
All three have that front legs shorter than back legs ,and can be longhaired or shorthaired (but depending where you are the longhaired Manx may be called a Cymric.
But either way no matter what mix or not a bobtail is something you'll never forget..good luck either way from finding the owner or keeping her.i am currently owned by two beautiful bobtails(Shadow,the gray and white American Bobtail &Sage,my little lynx point pregnant manx)