Bob Barker Died

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bob Barker died today at 99. I know he was professionally just a game show host, but he was also a long-time animal rights activist. My mother-in-law always watched The Price is Right and the times that I watched he ended the show by reminding people to get their pets neutered/spayed. He also exposed the entertainment industry for maltreatment of animals.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP
I am having a Mandella Effect moment. Myself and friends I've talked to all remember him dying 3-4 years ago.
I hate the Mandella Effect

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I grew up having lunch with my grandma in her TV room watching The Price is Right. She was the same age as him and I’ve always associated the two with each other. Gram passed several years ago; but having him “around” still kept her “present” in a way. 99 is a wonderful age; but it’s still sad to see his time come. He definitely got close to $1 without going over. :redheartpump: :sniffle:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We ALWAYS watched the Price is Right at 11:00AM during summer vacation. We loved playing the games and yelling at people if they didn't do what we told them to. My Grandparents watched it often as well, it was a really fun show to grow up with.
I was shocked (and laughed SO HARD) when I saw Happy Gilmore and the golfer Bob played was not nearly as nice as he was on the show. He will be missed.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He lived as long as Betty White, i.e. 99 yrs. old and they were both icons in their own right. I do remember Bob Barker being well known for his love of animals. May he rest in peace. :angel3:
I have a lot of respect for Bob Barker for everything he did for animal rights. He was one of my heroes just like Doris Day and Betty White. I'm so sorry to hear of his death.

RIP
I am having a Mandella Effect moment. Myself and friends I've talked to all remember him dying 3-4 years ago.
I also remember hearing of his death 3 or 4 years ago. Abe Vigoda's death was also reported 2 or 3 times before he actually died.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a lot of respect for Bob Barker for everything he did for animal rights. He was one of my heroes just like Doris Day and Betty White. I'm so sorry to hear of his death.

I also remember hearing of his death 3 or 4 years ago. Abe Vigoda's death was also reported 2 or 3 times before he actually died.
We "saw" a few weeks ago that Richard Thomas (John Boy Walton) had died, and were really depressed, only to realize it was a hoax. I don't know why people do that.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We "saw" a few weeks ago that Richard Thomas (John Boy Walton) had died, and were really depressed, only to realize it was a hoax. I don't know why people do that.
About a month ago I saw on You Tube that Melissa Gilbert died. I was really upset because I liked her and she was so young. I did a search on her and watched the news and saw nothing about her death. ABC news reported a few days ago that an actor died on Little House but it was a lady that had a minor role on the show, not Melissa Gilbert.