Boarding a 14 week old cat for 2 weeks

jentheartist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I am a newbie to having a kitten - and I planned to get a cat after my vacation, but things happened, and I have Pixel already :)  I adopted him on 18 Oct 2013 - and we have bonded quite well.  My question is, I need to board him and have found my new vet has a great "condo" with a window and perch away from the dog boarding (very quiet room) - do you think he will be ok (adjust well) for 2 weeks?

Also, I have taken him to 2 different vets because I was told he had a hear murmur (grade 3) from the first vet - the 2nd vet (the one I decided to stay with because of his personality and way he treated Pixel and me) said it is actually a grade 4 murmur....will being away for that long impact his health and happiness?  He is a bundle of joy for me and I know I am going to miss those 2 weeks of growing....

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The 2nd vet sounds like a good deal. Sorry to hear about Pixel's heart condition. He will surely be well taken cared of while you are on vacation. Will you be able to get in touch with the vet while you are away and vice versa? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jentheartist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Yayi,

Yes, the vet has my number and I can contact the office to check in on Pixel.  He will be due for his shots while I am gone so I will call to make sure that went well.  We discussed doing an EKG and X-Rays, but the vet also said it would lead down a costly road and may not answer any questions or lead to a more expensive decision.  So I think I will wait to see if his condition improves.  It is certainly not impacting him now - he's VERY energetic and shows no symptoms of a heart condition.

I am just afraid 2 weeks will make him mad or depressed, but it can't be helped.  I will be able to bring his bed and some toys, so he will have my scent around.