Board Magic Request

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

No, no plans of a lawsuit. It wouldn't bring him back anyway.
That's true... and a really good mindset to be in. That being sad, I'm sorry that this happened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're all still upset about it. My mother in law hasn't talked to her mother much about it. I personally feel that he should have been on hospice these last few weeks anyway. However, even with him having alzhimers the nursing home wasn't going to force feed him, that is illegal. And the family didn't want a peg tube put in him. It is sad that he went the way he did but honestly he is much better off where he is now. I don't want to sound insensitive about the situation but it was sad hearing about the steady decline in him and now that is all over. He's comfortable finally, what more could we ask for?

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

I don't want to sound insensitive about the situation but it was sad hearing about the steady decline in him and now that is all over. He's comfortable finally, what more could we ask for?
We had a teacher that was found dead here in town... my boyfriend was upset about it, mainly because he had her as a teacher. I told him exactly what you had said above - she went through a lot and even though it's horrible that she died, especially the way she did - she's in a much better place and she's happy now.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beth I am sorry to hear about your family...my belated thoughts, prayers and good vibes are being sent your way.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your family's loss. The one reason I'd pursue this to some extent, is that the LNA's either need better training, or staffing needs to be improved...you wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else's loved ones who are still in this nursing home. They were negligent, and they need to show steps to remedy this.

I worked in a nursing home as I went through nursing school, and saw some great staff, and some horrendous...the good ones establish quite a bond with the residents, and would care for them as if they were their own relatives.

My gram is currently a nursing home resident as well, but has daily visits from my Aunt who misses little, and has had to step in when things were being missed.