Blue Screen Of Death!!! Help!!! Please!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
0x000000D1 is a bad device dirver It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile,

if you get this alot then i would update your drivers..

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Everything on my computer is set up to update automatically. Do I still need to download things?
Originally Posted by katachtig

The IBM Update Connector has been replaced by another program, ThinkVantage System Update. I would recommend installing this program and running it to find if there are any updates for drivers, etc.
Driver updates normally do not happen automatically with Windows updates since you go to the equipment manufacturer for those. You said that you had a Thinkpad so you should check with the IBM site (now Lenovo) for driver updates.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to update on that site, and it installs, when I try to run it it says that there is already another version on the computer, that it can't delete. There isn't.

And then it says something about not being supported.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I tried to update on that site, and it installs, when I try to run it it says that there is already another version on the computer, that it can't delete. There isn't.

And then it says something about not being supported.
Sorry that didn't work. I would say uninstall it. Another place on the site is to look here: Download Drivers. What type of Thinkpad do you have?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a Thinkpad T22 2647 M5U.

I will try out the troubleshooting page.

Thanks!

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fought this for about 2 months with my primary computer at work running Windows 2000 pro. It kept getting worse and worse. Looked up error messages, checked drivers, opened up the box, cleaned out the dirt, etc etc etc.
In the end what FIXED it was buying a new memory stick. And yes, I had run a memtest and memtest said the RAM was fine so you cannot trust those.

Maybe you can borrow some memory sticks that are compatible and see if it fixes it?

Good luck!!

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try running a Linux operating system, that is what I am on right now, 2000 model year Dell Optiplex, sony 20 gig flash drive( Key chain model), VERY stable...the system I am running is called Damn Small Linux, or DSL for short. I run XP on my regular hard drive for back up( 100 gig seagate hard drive)...I have had no problems running off DSL...look into it...