Blue Russian

Kittie lady 3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I have 2 blue Russian kitten that r 8 months old they act hungry all the time I had them for 4 months now the r both girls and both fixed wanted to know if it normal they want to eat all the time if my daughter put her plate down there run n try to steal the food off it I feed them wet food 4 times a day a table spoon each if I give more there throw up since they eat so fast wat can I be doing wrong

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A tablespoon of food isn't enough. Are you feeding them dry food or wet? If it's dry, give them 1/4 cup twice a day, and if it's wet, you should be giving them about 1/3 cup two or three times a day. They're starving; that's why they are stealing food. If you feed them wet food, they probably won't throw it up.

PaperCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are they stealing each others food? If so I would separate them for feedings. Id also look into a puzzle bowl when it comes to feedings so they have to work out to get their meals, as for servings I usually look at the can/box to see the suggested feeding amount as cat weight and age varies their overall need.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A tablespoon of wet food just 4 times a day? Is this their only food? The poor kittens are starving :eek3: It's like feeding a toddler child only a little bowl of cereal for an entire day. Kittens need to be allowed to eat as much as they want as often as they want. You need to free feed those starving kittens for now. Leave a bowl of dry food out and provide canned food meals when you can. Hungry cats will seek out food to eat any way they can. They'll steal food off your plates, get on the counter and eat whatever they find, dig in trash cans, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittie lady 3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A tablespoon of wet food just 4 times a day? Is this their only food? The poor kittens are starving :eek3: It's like feeding a toddler child only a little bowl of cereal for an entire day. Kittens need to be allowed to eat as much as they want as often as they want. You need to free feed those starving kittens for now. Leave a bowl of dry food out and provide canned food meals when you can. Hungry cats will seek out food to eat any way they can. They'll steal food off your plates, get on the counter and eat whatever they find, dig in trash cans, etc.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have you had a chance to try any of the options to slow down their eating?

Do they eat their dry food at all?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittie lady 3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They do it dry food thru out the day I been looking in to the mat

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So they don't eat the kibble as fast as the wet food? Do they like the kibble?

It sounds to me as though they like the wet food quite a bit more and want to eat it more, hopefully the mat helps slow them down :) so that you can provide them with at least a couple cans worth of wet food daily.