Blue Health Vs Wellness Core Vs What?

eddieem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I asked advice the other day on which food to give to my cats, thanks for the great advice.

These are indoor cats, so I am looking at Blue Buffalo Indoor, but I also hear/read that Wellness Core and Blue Buffalo Wilderness are better choices. These last two have higher protein intake and less of the fillers, but it mentions that they are advice for "outdoor" cats because of their higher protein/fat calories.

Which do you guys think is the best bet here? Or your recommendations on other products?

Thanks,

Eddie

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mine like wilderness and not too many issues( I have 2 IBD and 1ibs cat)... Core was too rich for mine... IMHO if you want one with grain look at some of the 2 meat 2 grain foods .... Blue is good but the with grain lines are HIGH in carbs ....

With higher calorie foods you have to portion better ... Ie reg premium food 1/2 to 3/4 cup is usually recommended for 10 lb kitties ... No grain stick closer to the 1/2 cup ///

IMHO I mix a 2 meat 2 grain with a grain free ....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eddieem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is the blue wilderness ok even though my cats are just indoor? In he website it says they recommend this for outdoor cats.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it is .. but that is question to discuss with your vet ... my vet is a rare one with a nutritional degree ... she recommends no grain for many cats( indoor or outdoor )

eddieem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I decided to go with TOTW, got it today at my TSC. Any TOTW users? Feedback? =)

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EddieEM

I feed my kids taste as well. I tried wellness core, chicken soup, and blue wilderness, with TOTW providing the bestresults. The other ones led to some particularly smelly poops from my two boys (especially core).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EddieEM

One I use in the mix ... very good for the $$$

eddieem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sharky, do you mix different foods in their bowls? Which ones? Or do you change the food every or so weeks?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I mix in the bowl usually that mean s a new bag of one of the foods... I usually mix in the bag

Right now they have kirkland and blue wilderness... the grain free is changed based on sales and what I can afford