blue eye turned hazel

bluekat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
One of my lovely blue eyed kitties, has a hazel eye this morning. She is not squinting. She is not rubbing the eye. There is NO drainage of any kind from it. It looks rusty at the bottom. I think it looks like a blood vessel popped for some reason, and the off color from the blood going through the cornea makes the blue eye appear hazel or green. It does not look like an injury, and does not look infected. I can't see anything that looks like a corneal scratch, plus she doesn't appear to have any type of pain or irritation with it.
My vet thinks I can watch it a day or so, if anything changes, bring her in. The vet told me, if it is a popped blood vessel, there really isn't any treatment, just wait until the blood is reabsorbed. Has anyone seen such a thing?
bluekat

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If the cat is older than 4 or 5 months then it's usually temporary and due to some eye trauma weather it was an infection or physical damage. Any changes yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluekat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
The eye is already starting to look bluer again, so whatever happened is getting better in only 36 hours. I feel a whole lot better. I had visions of all sorts of terrible things.
bluekat

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whew! Glad to hear things seem to be turning back around. I've never heard of this happening. I'm gonna have to start paying even closer attention.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Bill