Blood In Urine

Elliecat13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,
Daisy has had blood in her urine. I took her to the vet and he tried to get a sample of her urine but her bladder was empty. He sent me home with a broad spectrum antibiotic called Clavamox for 7 days. Daisy is 18 and is hyperthyroid and has slightly elevated kidney level. She still has a tinge of blood in her urine so I went back and got another prescription for 7 more days of antibiotics Clavamox and praying that this helps. I'm on day 9 of the antibiotics and there still is a little pink in the urine. The vet suspects this can possibly be stones or tumor. The next step would to get a sample from her bladder, then xray. If she is x-rayed and they do find stones I'm wondering if she could even go through surgery with the anesthesia at this age and with her condition being hyperthyroid. This is a scary place to be. I love her so much and it is hard to know what to do at this point.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome, even under the circumstances -
I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your Daisy!!
I'm sending every good thought to you - can you talk with your vet more about your concerns?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elliecat13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome, even under the circumstances -
I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your Daisy!!
I'm sending every good thought to you - can you talk with your vet more about your concerns?
Thank you I appreciate that. Yes I should get more detailed information from him and I might even ask him what he would do if it was his cat. It's really hard to know what to do at this point.