Blood in urine?

nole76

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My four year old cat Khloe had had some pea sized bloody mucus in her urine. It happened twice in the last two days but her urine has been clean other times. Her appetite and behavior are normal. Could this be a UTI or just due to stress. We had rescued a cat and him and Khloe were not getting along? Any views out there? Thank you

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think blood in the urine is a sign something of something that needs veterinary attention, like a UTI, not just stress. Definitely call the vet and see what they recommend!

hollyd122

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It can be die to stress, but regardless, she should be seen by a vet. The sooner she's treated, the better. She's also likely in pain. I'd make an appointment asap. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely take her to the vet.  She needs to be tested for a UTI.  Stress can cause idiopathic cystitis so it may well be stress related but you still need to have the problem evaluated.  The following article tells you about the diagnostic tests that might be run and possible treatments, depending on the results of those tests.  Just briefly, treatment may involve antibiotics, pain medicine,anti-spasmodics and dietary changes depending on what the tests reveal.

https://www.petfinder.com/cats/cat-...s-symptoms-diagnosis-prognosis-and-treatment/

When you say that Kloe and your newly rescued cat are not getting along, what is going on and how long ago did you adopt the new cat?    You might need to go through an introduction process.  If you have already gone through one, you might have to back up a bit and take things more slowly..  Below is some info on introducing cats.
[article="32680"]How To Successfully Introduce Cats The Ultimate Guide  [/article][article="29726"]Introducing Cats To Cats  [/article]
If the problem does turn out to be stress related, there are several approaches you can take using calming aids such as Feliway or Composure.  But definitely start off by taking Khloe to the vet. She might be in pain, even though she doesn't show it.  Cats are masters at hiding pain.