Blood in urine

ashley22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 2 year old cat named tigress I have notice a little bit of blood in her urine and I have been to 3 different vet and she has been on antibiotics (sorry for the spelling) and the blood is still there she's drinking and eating normally and is not in pain she doesn't use the box very often to think that she blocked up I have no idea what's wrong and neither do the vets apparently.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she not urinating much but drinking the same? What kind of tests did they do?

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blood in the urine is often a sign of bladder inflammation. It could also be crystals or stones irritating the membranes. Was a urinalysis done? Because antibiotics will not help either of these issues.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would ask for a urinalysis and a culture.  Blood in urine is not a good thing and indicates something's not right in the urinary system.  If need be, I'd take her to an emergency vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashley22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They did everything from urine sample and x-rays to figure it out the only thing they found was that she has a very small blatter and there's nothing they can do about that I think I over reacted it was a very small amount and I am not seeing it anymore but still taking her to the vet like always. Getting very tired of paying these high vet bills though..

ashley22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well after many vet visits tigress is better she had a rare case of a UTI that only a very strong antibiotic could treat.. I am so happy that she is back to normal now just wondering if I can put her back on normal food other then the UTI food...

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If the cause was a bacterial infection, then there is no food that is going to help prevent it from recurring. Urinary foods are for crystals usually. I am glad Tigress is feeling better. Feeding wet food only with water added will help ensure her system gets flushed out which is the best thing you can do for urinary issues. Please see www.catinfo.org for more info written by a vet on food and related urinary issues.

ashley22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is all better now no blood in her urine and no crystals. I am keeping her on the flood the vet suggested and so she does not get it back again,