Blood in Stool

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
many cats are allergic to soy... I would still see the vet to rule out any serious issues... I caution bulk fiber supplements with out vet approval think humans and gas.... I think the change would be about a week to fully rid the soy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rinadaventry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, to cover all my bases I bought the mega expensive Natural Balance Allergy formula food, which has no soy, no eggs, no dairy, and no grains (it's venison and green pea). I've had really good results with the dog version of Natural Balance Allergy with my Westie, so....we'll see!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RinaDaventry

Ok, to cover all my bases I bought the mega expensive Natural Balance Allergy formula food, which has no soy, no eggs, no dairy, and no grains (it's venison and green pea). I've had really good results with the dog version of Natural Balance Allergy with my Westie, so....we'll see!
Hopefully she isnt allergic to Peas as some are... that is a good elemination formula

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rinadaventry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Grr...well, the crazy expensive Natural Balance food seems to have stopped the blood (I *think*, it's hard to tell). I've also had no problems with him using the bathroom outside the toilet (toilet trained, no litterbox) since feeding it to him. BUT, the Natural Balance is giving him horrible gas and very loose stool, in much the same way that the kitten food he ate a long time ago did. Kitten Food was just too rich for him-- anyone know of a nice in-between?

I looked at the Nutro Label, and it didn't say it contained soy, btw, though the Natural Balance actually SAYS "No Soy"

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the nutro indoor contain soy protein isolate.. it is about the 25 ingrediant...

the natural choices that arent labelled indoor dont contain any soy