blood in stool

caesar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My new kitten I found Monday, had a strange tan pudding type stool with blood streaks last evening. Then again this morning. Up until now he has had normal formed light brown stool. He is scheduled for vaccinations and neuter on Monday. He s eating well, fancy feast kitten, and takes only a little of the dry Purina one kitten when the FF is not available. He is playing and looks to me like he has put on weight, was very thin when I found him. One other note, I was filling my bathtub with very warm water, but what I always use, and I can get right in with out burning myself. I got a phone call and the next thing I knew hew was in the tub yelling. I took him out and dried him off. He seemed fine, Went right to his bowl and started eating. I don't see any injury to his rectum. Any ideas? I am going to call the vet at 9 and see if I can get him in this moning.

Last edited:

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Loose stools with blood should not be occurring. That can be a sigh of anything from a food allergy to more serious complications. I doubt that a splash in the tub would cause what you're seeing. This kitten needs to be seen by a vet and dewormed. Write down the frequency of the poops and what you are feeding him. Remember that our furry companions can't tell the vet what's wrong. They depend on us to give the doctor all the details.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caesar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've got an appointment for tomorrow. So far he continues to be eating well and running around and playing. I have seen one more pudding consistency stool, but this one didn't seem to have any blood.

caesar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Caesar goes to the vet at 2 today. He is still having the problem. He will have this tan looking loose stool followed by streaky blood. He is still eating well, actually ravenously, it may be worms. I hope it's only worms. Still playing and getting into everything.

kittytech27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Be sure to bring a stool sample with you for a fecal analysis. The fresher the better. Sounds like a parasitic infection. Best of luck with your kitten!

caesar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His stool was negative, but we are treating with Flagyl and Albon, just in case. He also tested Negative for feline aids and leukemia, thank goodness. She said he looks healthy. It may be the Fancy Feast canned food is a little rich for him. And the little bit of blood is just irritation.

Last edited:

caesar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little guy had doses of medicine at the Vet yesterday and again from me today and already his stool is formed and no blood. I am so relieved. I have had him one week and am already totally in love. He is the sweetest kitty ever!

Last edited: