Blood in poo( pics included)

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a vet appointment Thursday but can't stop worrying.
He has had pancreatitus off and on but last week felt a rounding mass in his right lymphnode(?) above is leg ,lower tummy to the right side) squishy and moves. His poop is now rancid smelling. He is eating fine off and on lethargy and sleeping more. He's had pancreatitus diagnosed with ultrasound in June. Treated with metrozonidal and than a homeopathic remedy. I'm frightened. Thursday can't come soon enough. Anyone else have this experience? Cancer is my fear
20210831_052836.jpg
20210831_053036.jpg
20210831_052836.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's impossible, but try not to worry until you find out something for sure. The mass you feel on his abdomen could very well be a noncancerous tumour, my cat has had one in that area for years. They develop them as they age. Cancer is almost always very firm, hard, and immovable. His stool could be smelling due to the meds and remedies. My cats have leukemia and have lived two years past when the vet only gave them 'days', I am grateful for every day. I have them on DMG to build up their immune systems and LifeGold, a supplement for cancers, both are online at Walmart and Amazon. You might research them. I'll pray for your sweet boy......

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am not a vet, but have a dog with intermittent and recurring pancreatitis, so I understand what you are fighting. TBH there are two things I am not seeing in the poo. One is black, tarry stools which indicate old blood higher in the tract, and the other is huge spots of blood, which is what I was sort of expecting. There can be reasons for the appearance of blood in stool and it is not always dire.

You are being a good cat parent and are taking him to the vet in two days. As was said, don't get all worked up between now and Thursday and have a list of questions for the vet about your concerns. Lots of masses are nothing; my dog is positively lumpy at 15 years old. If any action needs to be taken, you are on top of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! It is encouraging to hear your experience and I hope I'm being hysterical. I am hopeful it is just a 10 year old cat lump and you all have made me feel better.Thank you

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a fatty lipoma!!!! Yay! His poo did have blood but vet thinks it due to their size and he is probably staring. Did a fecal smear but believes he's good. Said to have lipoma checked twice a year.
Thank you guys:hyper::vibes:

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Straining not staring

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Great news! Thanks for letting us know and I hope that is the end of the problem for him. Straining can definitely result in blood in the stool.