Blood and Mucous in cats stool - lots of other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry, Vishnu. I'm sure that Mithu must've felt surrounded by love while in your arms. She will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge for sure.

jcornman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry. Words always fail me in these kind of situations.

I'm pretty ignorant about Indian culture but here in the US there are a lot of people who just don't get it.  They minimize your loss in an effort to talk you out of your grief.  Don't let them, you need to be able to grieve.  It's unhealthy to keep it all locked inside.

Mithu must have felt cared for, cats are funny like that.  We've had to treat cats with injuries that required painful hands on treatment, you think they would avoid you, but the opposite seems to be true.  They seem to know that your are helping and become closer to you.  I'm certain that Mithu felt the love in your attention.

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for you loss.

I think word are useless now, but I am sure Mithu felt the love and the care.

kittybelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Deepest condolances on the sudden passing of your beloved mithu.i couldnt believe my eyes when i read your post.if you can take anything good out of this terribly sad situation.its the fact that you were with her at the end.That will bring you some comfort in the days and weeks ahead.also you didnt have to choose to end her life,its as if she wanted to spare you that. im sending you and your wife my prayers and best wishes that you will have the strenght to get through this, and peace of mind knowing that you both did everything you possibly could to help mithu.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
On behalf of the TCS team, I'd like to express my condolences on your loss of Mithu. We have a forum, Crossing the Bridge, where members post about their pets that have passed away. Perhaps you'd like to tell us more about Mithu there when you feel up to it. This thread will be closed in a day or two, but a link to a Crossing the Bridge thread can be added to it.

RIP, Mithu.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure your beloved Mithu felt your love and she is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure it comforted her for you to be there for her, even though your heart was breaking. You did all you could, and I'm sure she knew that. It leaves a hole in our hearts when they go, time is all that helps. Please know we will share your pain. RIP beautiful Mithu.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vishnu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your condolences and kind wishes. Mithu was doing so well and actually started walking a bit on Saturday night, however on Sunday morning she stopped eating and drinking water which was very unlike her. She has been really sick in the past but her appetite never ever waned, so we knew something was really wrong with her. Our vet thought she may have developed acid reflux from the dexamethasone injections, so she got a rainitidine injection in the morning which did not help at all. By about 7.30 that evening we just got a feeling that she would not make it. Luckily Mithu did not seem to be in any pain, and was in a deep sleep most of the time. We kept her as comfortable as we could with her favourite blankets and my wife and I sitting by her side and comforting her. She took her last breath while I was holding her at 3.25 am early Monday morning. It was the most peaceful end we could hope for, thankfully we did not have to make any decisions on her behalf and she did not take her last breath on some cold hospital table surrounded by doctors and other strangers. Mithu went on her own terms and that does bring us some comfort. Unfortunately my wife and I have been taking it quite badly as our whole life revolved around her, my wife has had Mithu since my wife was 13 years old so her loss has really created a big gap in our lives. We are hoping time will heal our pain, we know she is up there looking down at us.

Here she is watching her favorite youtube "videos for cats channel"

Status
Not open for further replies.