Blocked Cat

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing I would ask your vet about, if it is cystitis, is when the catheter is removed is if he should be put on an anti-inflammatory and possibly something to help with spasms. When my little one had his catheter removed he presented with spasms of his bladder and urethra and was still very inflamed, even though he could pee, the amounts coming out at one time were very small, which is normal. He also had incontinence issues, and would randomly leak. This can happen due to being catheterized for a length of time. I can't remember the name of it, but there is a medication that can help with "toning" to help regain control of his peeing again. Not sure if your little guy will have problems like this but just thought you would like to know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aiman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One thing I would ask your vet about, if it is cystitis, is when the catheter is removed is if he should be put on an anti-inflammatory and possibly something to help with spasms. When my little one had his catheter removed he presented with spasms of his bladder and urethra and was still very inflamed, even though he could pee, the amounts coming out at one time were very small, which is normal. He also had incontinence issues, and would randomly leak. This can happen due to being catheterized for a length of time. I can't remember the name of it, but there is a medication that can help with "toning" to help regain control of his peeing again. Not sure if your little guy will have problems like this but just thought you would like to know.
Jem, that is what actually happened the first time he pulled his catheter out and the doctor asked us to monitor him for a day to see if he pees on his own. He kept straining, trying to urinate, only a drop or two came out but there was a lot of blood due to the spasms. Bleeding and squirting . His catheter comes off in less than 24 hours and I will surely ask the vet about all this