bloated belly, help

thebaphomet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat (female 2 yrs old) has a bloated belly right now. this is the first time I've seen it like this. she is a greedy little girl, she ate a whole can of cat food this morning prior to my noticing her belly and she's been drinking water a lot more and visiting the litter box (I assume to defecate with no success) I've mixed pumpkin purée with her food to see if that will help. but I'm really scared because when I picked her up her stomach really feels bloated. it's past five so the her vet is no longer there and we don't have 24 hour vet offices here. what can I do ??

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my cat (female 2 yrs old) has a bloated belly right now. this is the first time I've seen it like this. she is a greedy little girl, she ate a whole can of cat food this morning prior to my noticing her belly and she's been drinking water a lot more and visiting the litter box (I assume to defecate with no success) I've mixed pumpkin purée with her food to see if that will help. but I'm really scared because when I picked her up her stomach really feels bloated. it's past five so the her vet is no longer there and we don't have 24 hour vet offices here. what can I do ??
I would probably withhold food for the rest of the night and see how she is in the am and if she isn't better than contact your vet. It's probably from overeating or gas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thebaphomet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she finally went poop ! omfg I'm so relieved. she went once and came back again to try and poop some more.