Blister On Gums??

*ThorsMom*

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Little ol Captain Marvel is about 4-5 months old and teething and I just noticed when she was licking me this evening, a little swollen blister looking bump on her gums. It doesn’t seem to be bothering her.

Is something of this nature normal for a teething kitten? Also, she suckles A LOT. Wasn’t sure if that could also be an irritater. Hoping she doesn’t need to go to the kitty doctor! Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

*ThorsMom*

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s hard to really get a good look, but it’s that little pink bubble. Can’t tell if there’s fluid or it’s just swollen. Leaning more towards swollen

*ThorsMom*

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s just on the one side. And yea I guess you could say it’s more on her lip where lose skin is.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Although I don't have any personal experience with this particular health issue it would concern me also. Therefore, can you call your vet and send them the pics? That way you may be able to avoid a vet visit or, if necessary, bring her in before it worsens. Just out of curiosity, is she able to eat without any trouble? I'm sorry I don't have more advice but I hope you can get some answers soon. Best of luck and please keep us posted. :alright:

*ThorsMom*

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nope! She still eats like a garbage disposal :lol: Hasn't seemed to effect her one bit. I would love to avoid another vet visit as she just went for vaccines last month and I'm not trying to scar her for life with back to back visits so hopefully they'll let me send photos or have some advice that doesn't include the vet!