Blind Kitten

Jessica Polka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found abandoned kitten yesterday looks to me only about 3 weeks old. Still doesn't have any teeth yet but she has a really bad eye infection and I can't get her to the vet yet.I don't no what to do. Is there anything I can do for this poor girl in the mean time

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When can you get her to the vet? She needs terramycin eye ointment as soon as possible. Can you order rush from
Amazon or go to a tractor supply store?

Use warm compresses to help the eyes to open. Never pull at the eyes.

Do you have formula to feed the kitten? You will also need to help it eliminate.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
J Jessica Polka

Wipe her eyes gently with a warm, damp wash cloth. You can use saline solution to wipe them if you wish. Keep them wiped clean.

It sounds like she needs terramycin to clear the infection.

This is available over the counter at tractor supply stores. Terramycin is an antibiotic ointment in a tube and is not expensive.

Otherwise, when can you get her to the vet?

At only 3 weeks her eyes should not be damaged to the point of blindness yet. They would have opened only recently, but will suffer damage if she is not treated soon.

Can you post a picture of her?

Are you feeding her with kitten formula?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica Polka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she wouldn't hold still and I have been bottle feeding her powder kitten formula every 3-4 hours or as she's hungry. An I have been gently wiping her eye as it getting gunky but I no that the underlying problem needs to be delt with before it gets any better. But I do have a farmers market here

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until you can get the antibiotic ointment, you can apply a thin coating of plain (unscented) vaseline or vitamin e to her eyelids. It will help sooth the irritation and keep the gunk from accumulating as quickly. And bless you for rescuing that tiny kitten! :angel: