Blah to New Years Eve!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I quite enjoyed the evening even though I just stayed home. I made a nice dinner, had a couple glasses of white wine and watched The first season of Criminal Minds which I got on DVD for Christmas...Watched the Midnight count-down from Time Square, said Happy New Year's to the kitties and was asleep by 12:30....

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I stayed home the last couple of NYE and to be honest it's quite nice. Last night me and a couple of friends shared a bottle of champagne, watched Elf on tv, watched the ball drop in NY, toasted in the new and then called it a night.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We had a wonderful evening, watched the movie 21, made steak & lobster for dinner, watched Walking Tall for the gazillionth time, actualy made it to midnight. Slept in this morning and had a nice brunch, thinking of taking a nap as this cold has me feeling pretty run down.

sandra

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt do anything special either
....There was concert at my Church by a guy named Chris Commiso . He is a christian music singer. It was pretty good
came home at a quarter to nine and just watched VH1's 100 best rock songs and fell asleep

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Well I went into town, had too much to drink and ate far too much Burger King at 4am.

It is now 12.30 AM on the 2nd of January and I still feel yuck!
Ahhh I remember going to Burger King in Welly after hitting the town - do you go to the one in Cuba Mall?

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i couldnt have asked for more, me and mark went to a DC houseparty and i got to ring in the new year with all my dear friends who i love very much, everyone had to bring food and booze, and my one friend made a huge amount of butter and garlic chicken wings, so all night i was pacing myself with the vodka by eating some of those wings between drinks, and it worked out good, i wasnt hung over at all today and had a nice drive home

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up going to bed at about 9:30 and read in bed for about an hour. Then I woke up just before midnight, heard the firecrackers and rolled over and went back to sleep. I just don't have the energy I had when I was younger..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm cleaning out my bathroom.
I did that today, along with some other cleaning.
It beats fighting off a hangover, I reckon.

After I finished cleaning, I watched a Brady Bunch marathon - if you can believe that.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Ahhh I remember going to Burger King in Welly after hitting the town - do you go to the one in Cuba Mall?
No that was too far away from the pub
so we went to the one on Courtney Place - it actually closed at 4am but thankfully someone that worked there knew me, spotted me and let me in!
I'll be forever grateful. I prefer the Cuba mall one though!!!

Of course Blanket Man was outside Burger King. Did you ever run into him?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

No that was too far away from the pub
so we went to the one on Courtney Place - it actually closed at 4am but thankfully someone that worked there knew me, spotted me and let me in!
I'll be forever grateful. I prefer the Cuba mall one though!!!

Of course Blanket Man was outside Burger King. Did you ever run into him?
Oh yeah, I know the one on Courtney Place!

I don't remember Blanket man but if I saw him, I might remember. I used to sit and watch people walking through Cuba Mall - I love the people in Wellington, they are so eclectic, and there is so much to see!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

When you search 'Blanket Man' on google this is the first hit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Hana

He's nice enough but gets arrested many times a year for not covering his uhhhh... Let's just say I turned away quickly on NYE...
LOL! Nope, I never saw the guy. Thank goodness. I was living in Wellington 1998-1999 so I am not sure if he was around then?