Black Spots in Tiki Cat Food, Chicken Flavor Puka Luau

kesha and mike

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This thread is older, I know, but I have also recently purchased Tiki Puka and Koolina Chicken with black specks throughout, and also a can of Wild Calling Cabin Fever-Chicken that seemed to have turned green in places. Wild Calling said from my description, they suspected it was oxidized vitamins that hadn't been thoroughly mixed and turned color during cooking. Haven't heard back from Tiki. I'm becoming more convinced every day that I should be feeding raw from now on. It can't taste good to bite into a pocket of concentrated cooked vitamins.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is older, I know, but I have also recently purchased Tiki Puka and Koolina Chicken with black specks throughout, and also a can of Wild Calling Cabin Fever-Chicken that seemed to have turned green in places. Wild Calling said from my description, they suspected it was oxidized vitamins that hadn't been thoroughly mixed and turned color during cooking. Haven't heard back from Tiki. I'm becoming more convinced every day that I should be feeding raw from now on. It can't taste good to bite into a pocket of concentrated cooked vitamins.
There's a post earlier in this thread with Tiki's response to questions about the black specks. We've had a few cans that had the specks and the cats ate the food and had no problems. It sounded like it was probably a temporary issue.