Black spot and scabs on cat nose.

CookieCat321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. My cat recently got this scabs from going outside which I wasn't too worried about. I put some anti-bacterial cream on them just in case though. Yesterday, she got this black spot near her nose on her forehead. She doesn't seem to have any differences in her behavior ever since she got the black spot. Can anyone tell me if this is something to worry about? PXL_20210822_221458745.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some great suggestions above, could also be a reaction to some form of toxic plant outside. Antibacterial cream can be useful, but as the specific bacteria (if any) causing this is unknown, there is really only a small chance it is helping any. You could try wiping some diluted betadine over the area to disinfect it. If it doesn't go down in a day or so, there is any swelling, it is irritating her or spreading, then I would take her to a vet.

You may also want to treat her for fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CookieCat321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! From the pic, this looks as if these could be bites, fight marks, or abrasions from something she encountered. They also look a little bit inflamed but maybe that is just the light. Food allergies might be a possibility as well but you said that she got them after going outside, so can you identify anything out there that could be the cause?

Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles
11 Key Facts About Food Allergies In Cats – TheCatSite Articles
She usually goes under the our trees which there are 4. She plays around bushes and goes through fence hole. I think that could be what causes the marks on her nose. I don't know what the black spot is though, and that is what worries me.

CookieCat321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She usually goes under the our trees which there are 4. She plays around bushes and goes through fence hole. I think that could be what causes the marks on her nose. I don't know what the black spot is though, and that is what worries me.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Is the black spot different than the others.....it is clearly not the same color but aside from that is there anything else that is different such as it appears to be a growth or some sort?

CookieCat321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, the others are just scratches that are probably from playing around wood, but the black spot seems to be something that is just on her. It's kind of like a mole on a human face. I pecked at it a bit but it didn't budge. It has to be something that grew on her.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I would have the vet take a look at it if it appears to be a mole, just to be sure what it is and to see if it needs to be treated.