Black Friday

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I managed to find the Purple Rain DVD at Amazon. Also ordered the Keva Planks that our grandson wanted. I don't think Hallmark is coming out with a new Taz ornament; the last one we saw Rick already has and the clerk at the store said there isn't anything newer than that for this year. 

Our work doesn't care about packages; in fact, they told us to go ahead and have stuff mailed/shipped to the office, simply because it's safer. Our security guy doesn't care; I think he enjoys seeing what everybody gets from time to time. He likes it when my Keurig k-cups are delivered; he'll call me and tell me the coffee is here and I'll say, "Well, when you bring the box back, we'll have coffee!" and he always has a cup with me. One time Taste of Home had their $5 cookbook sale and several of us ordered a ton of cookbooks. The FedEx guy brought the boxes into the lobby and I called everybody to tell them the books were here. We all got together, took the boxes back to the cafe, sat down and figured out who got what. We had a great time.

We're a fairly small government building, so when the mail comes in and FedEx comes in, one person can easily handle everything. It's complicated to explain, but we all figure things out and it works. Even if somebody has to sign for something, they gladly do so or if they don't want to sign for somebody else, they'll call back to the person and she or he will run out to sign for themselves. We have it worked out.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I might have to find a substitute gift. The one I want to buy is backordered until January and it's out of stock at the local stores
I should have bought it  few weeks ago but I was waiting for a coupon code which finally came. I don't think the recipient would mind waiting for the gift, though. I can find something small to give her for Christmas and let her know to expect her bigger present after New Year's.

The local newspaper has an article today about the rise of package thefts and measures people have taken to prevent thefts and ID the culprits, such as installing security cameras and setting out fake decoy packages filled with dog poop. Some of the people interviewed for the article had pretty mundande stuff stolen: pajamas, car parts, books. Nothing expensive or "hot" like Apple products and electronic gadgets.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our DIL texted me last night; she was looking for a grain mill attachment for her Kitchen Aid mixer. She's been trying gluten-free for her Hashimoto's Disease and she says she can tell a difference. She would like to try to grind her own grains. So I ordered one from Amazon (thank goodness for Amazon and Prime!) and it should be here Wednesday. 

Rick is working on something for our son, who is a Chicago Blackhawks fan. And then our kids are completely finished. Everything just needs to get here. And then the wrapping....Rick takes care of all the wrapping in this house. I can't wrap a present to save my life. He says wrapping is actually pretty easy.....no bows or ribbons because of the cats. Just paper and a few pieces of tape. Whatever. I still can't wrap.

And it's not even December yet! 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

No way! I stay out of that crazy mess!  I usually don't have money to shop that much anyway, & getting up & out at 4:00 am does not interest me.

This Leo girl likes her sleep! 
There are a few things that would get me out of bed at 4 AM

DD was in trouble of some kind and really needed me

A restroom break (and I'd be going right back to bed after)

The house is on fire

That's about it. Shopping? No. Way. There is nothing in ANY store worth getting up that early for. I have always said that there is absolutely NOTHING that can be done at 4, 5, 6 AM that cannot be done at noon.  Mornings are horrible. Night time is the best time for everything. 

Black Friday? The kitties and I slept in. We were warm and comfortable in our big bed, Lily, as small as she is, managed to hog 3 of our 7 pillows by sprawling out on them belly up. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I might get out of bed and go early if I had the right shopping buddy  But after doing all the cooking the day before; no thank you.

I did go out; with my kids in their pjs, to get lights for our tree.  Lowes had a good deal on LEDs so I paid online and drove to one farther away because they were out of stock at the one closest to us.  I thought we were just going to run in for them and grab some Chick-fil-a for breakfast.  But when we got the lights to the car I saw the picture on the packaging didn't seem to match the colors shown online.  I've been wanting LEDS colored like my traditional incandescent mini lights.  These were pictured as that online.  Since I wasn't sure; the kids and i went back in the store to check out the light selection.  I ended up with different lights. They aren't quite the "old" colors; but better than other brands.  

DH suggested keeping the first lights for outside.  I've always wanted lights on the house but DH has never been on board.  I'm ok with ladders; but not the roof.  And the roof line is high over our garage.  I'm not crazy about DH up there either.  I wish the fire companies would do a fundraiser with their bucket trucks or something like that.  We shall see I guess!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I might get out of bed and go early if I had the right shopping buddy  But after doing all the cooking the day before; no thank you.

I did go out; with my kids in their pjs, to get lights for our tree.  Lowes had a good deal on LEDs so I paid online and drove to one farther away because they were out of stock at the one closest to us.  I thought we were just going to run in for them and grab some Chick-fil-a for breakfast.  But when we got the lights to the car I saw the picture on the packaging didn't seem to match the colors shown online.  I've been wanting LEDS colored like my traditional incandescent mini lights.  These were pictured as that online.  Since I wasn't sure; the kids and i went back in the store to check out the light selection.  I ended up with different lights. They aren't quite the "old" colors; but better than other brands.  

DH suggested keeping the first lights for outside.  I've always wanted lights on the house but DH has never been on board.  I'm ok with ladders; but not the roof.  And the roof line is high over our garage.  I'm not crazy about DH up there either.  I wish the fire companies would do a fundraiser with their bucket trucks or something like that.  We shall see I guess!
That's a really good idea. They'd make a ton of money taking them down too. Taking down decorations is worse than putting them up IMO. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That's a really good idea. They'd make a ton of money taking them down too. Taking down decorations is worse than putting them up IMO. 
YES!!
  My DD's January birthday is my motivation.  Birthday decorations just don't go with Christmas!  I think almost all of the fire companies around here are volunteer so I'm sure they could use funds.  I've heard some will fill pools; so why not this?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

YES!!
  My DD's January birthday is my motivation.  Birthday decorations just don't go with Christmas!  I think almost all of the fire companies around here are volunteer so I'm sure they could use funds.  I've heard some will fill pools; so why not this?
I'm sure they could use the funds for sure. it would keep people who don't belong on ladders on the ground and it wouldn't be awful to have some eye candy in the yard for a while. Win win situation if you ask me