Black Friday

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well; i didn't find a sweater in that shade.  I'll keep looking.  I did get the kids their outfits for Christmas and a few gifts.  (Man is it hard to find things for little boys!  Sissy is going to much dressier than he is!  Millions of girls dresses; slim pickins for the boys!)

Let me see if I can find a picture that shows my purple in the kitchen.

This one makes it look a little bright:

And this one is a little dark.  It's somewhere between the two.

I'm still stoked over my deal.  I cannot wait to start making some Christmas cookies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, that's gorgeous! Well, even if you didn't find the sweater, you found some good deals for the kids.

(And the furkids found some good sleeping places....)

Years ago, we rented a house that had a purple bathroom. Not deep purple, more of a light lilac type color. Even the fixtures were that color: tub, sink, toilet. The floor had light lilac tiles. I even found shower curtains and window curtains to match the color (from Sears). And then the cabinets were done in white. It was really pretty, although Rick wasn't fond of the color at all, from a guy's point of view. When we built our house, I said I wanted that same color in our bathroom.....did not go over well. Our bathroom now is blue.....just a standard blue.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh lilac purple is my favorite color!  DH isn't a fan either; but I find ways to get my purple fix.  I picked the purple for our kitchen based off some dishes we have from corelle.  It must be retired now because I can't find it on their website.  DH got them for me several years ago for Christmas.  I mixed the set with the plain white because they were less expensive.  Now that I'm looking at the site; I should have picked up some of the server bowls and platters too.  I was looking for things to use like that last weekend. lol  I do have some formal china; but I'm SO scared to use it around the kids.  

Anyway; I think DH was ok with this purple because it's not so pastel and doesn't take over the whole house.  I have the same color tan running through the kitchen, dining and living room.  Under the chair rail in the living room is a medium sage green and I have chocolate brown curtains there.  I'm currently ogling some linen look curtains for the kitchen area.  We're doing things just a little at a time.  I've spent the past 4 years looking for curtains for in here! 
  I did check on Black Friday; but they weren't on sale.  I should probably focus on finding a liner for the living room curtains first. They are more sheer than I had anticipated and I don't want them to fade; I want them to last!  I'm really into that natural fiber look right now.  I just can't decide if they will blend with the more elegant fabric in the living room curtains.  

I love home design/decor; can you tell? 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And the KithchenAid passed the test!
  I made snickerdoodles this evening.  It creamed the sugar, butter and shortening quickly and super easily!  I was amazed there was no stopping to scrape required!

I figured out something else amusing.  My other purple sweater; it matches the walls. 
  I still want one to match the mixer though! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
 that the KA did great! And 
for snickerdoodles, too!

Last edited: