Black Friday shopping, are you going?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I live in an apartment directly across the street from the mall. How could I not go? I don't even need to find a parking spot I can just walk.
Lucky girl!! That is okay! That is why you only put 2 to a car and take out all child carriers and car seats and everything in the trunk!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not going out at all on the Friday after Thanksgiving..honestly with all the traffic and crowds saving a few bucks here and there isn't worth it...I am off on Monday so I will be going shopping then and there will be less people out there.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not in a rat's hat, dumbo! (Forgot where I picked up that expression...) I can probably count on one hand the times I've gone out on Black Friday, but in each case someone else was driving.

I won't be out for the day after Christmas sales either.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's hubbys b-day so I guess we will see what we are doing that day. Hopefully he decided that sleeping in is a good b-day present. I get nervous around crowds and if I lost him in one, I'd panick. So I guess we'll see.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I go it will be strictly for entertainment purposes - but not to shop! Not after my past experiences...A few years back (my first black friday experience) I rolled out of bed 4:30am, no bra, no undies, only sweats, no makeup, no contact lenses (glasses), just threw my hair up in a ponytail (didn't even brush my teeth
). "Who's gonna be there I thought". Boy was I surprised!! Not only at the crowds of people, but at the local TV network vans!!!
I was horrified!!! After getting pushed around by the crowd like a bunch of cows being herded, I got into the store and cut through the womens department only to get side swiped by a crazy lady with a shopping cart!
I had the biggest bruise on my hip forever. All that for a bike that was on sale!

So now - if I ever find myself up at that hour - I go - but only to watch the people. Seriously. It can be quite entertaining watching the human race turn into a bunch of animals
. Only problem is I can't get anyone to go with me at that hour.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you know, after reading this i am really shocked at the number of ladies here, who said no way.

PS: could you please talk to my wife and explain to her its better to stay home that day. .all she hears is cheaper shopping
(of course itta think shopping a pro sport)

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG- you people are nuts, I have been to the January sales on Oxford St in London and the crush is unbelievable. I'm not big into consumerism so I imagine Epona and I will stay at home this year sewing patches into our jeans

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess around here is a little more relaxed. There isn't a lot of pushing and shoving and all of that. Although last year some was run over by a car n the target parking lot. The earlier you get there the better. A lot of people are not willing to get up that early for a sale. THe latere you wait the more crowded it gets!