Black Friday shoppers?

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im going to be working, 7am till noon, and since i work for the hated retail giant ( Wal-Mart) i KNOW the store will be trashed,and everyone will be nasty. oh i cant wait

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did this once one year. Never again. My husband has to work that day it has to be there at 5am for it. He hates being there on that day it is a mad house in there.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MechanicalMan

So are you comparing the employees to the shoppers or to people who are home in bed? Because I'm quite certain that Black Friday sucks for shoppers as much as is it does for employees. The "ruling class" does not stand in freezing temperatures for several hours to save $100 on a low-end laptop or a crappy, no-name flat panel TV.
What are you talking about? I don't remember there being a law which forced people to go shopping that day. If it sucks for the shoppers, then why are they going out shopping? I was also referring to the ruling/working classes of the past before there was the middle class.

I'm not comparing the employees to the shoppers or people at home specifically. I'm saying that our society says that some people aren't worthy enough to have that Friday off and other people are. If Black Friday is so important to the companies, then are the president and VPs, etc. of the company also working in the stores that day with their employees? Or do they get that day off? Why is it so important for the stores to be open that Friday? Why not be closed Friday and move the sale to Saturday? Why are there huge sales the day after anyway?

Tricia

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I used to work for corporate America with was a day our office was open with a skeleton staff. I usually worked this day. As I mentioned before the gifts I has to get aren't the type of items that go on sale. The mall area gets too many out of town shoppers that don't know how to drive either. NO THANKS!!!
I might go to the mall area tomorrow though......

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No way!! I hate shopping under the best conditions. I have a policy of not entering a retail establishment of any kind from Thanksgiving till the New Year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, after Black Friday, I am going to need a serious nap!

I am getting up at 5AM to go to WalMart & get my mom the digital camera I've been hunting for forever, for a really good price.

After that, we're headed to the Mall of America at 7AM. Its a 2 hour drive up there so I'll be able to sleep, good thing I'm not driving!