Black crusty nose

shiseos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently got him neutered and his nose was swelling a day after the surgery then grew a small black thing till it spread quickly

I was advised to constantly wet his nose before the surgery due to extreme heat (it was done outside) idk maybe that was the reason or not im really not sure. I have done some research too and it could be sunburnt as the edges are slightly peeling off.

Idk what to do pls help
IMG_20230407_164451.jpg

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I wonder about sunburn too. He looks pretty light colored and the lighter colored cats tend to sunburn easier, and the bridge of the nose (and ears, too) seem to be easily affected. Is anywhere else affected? Check his paw pads, too.
Is he indoors only at your home? I'd try to keep him out of the sun (even the sun coming through the windows, etc.) for awhile and see how it goes. Does he paw at it or does it seem sore?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shiseos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
[/QUOTE]
Hello! His ears and paws are perfectly fine^^ and he doesn't seem to mind this crusty thing.
He is staying in a secured room at the moment to let him heal quickly from his recent surgery. Thank you for the advice, i'll keep him out of the sun until it heals^^

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello! His ears and paws are perfectly fine^^ and he doesn't seem to mind this crusty thing.
He is staying in a secured room at the moment to let him heal quickly from his recent surgery. Thank you for the advice, i'll keep him out of the sun until it heals^^
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good set up for him, let us know how he progresses!