Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I can't believe what I started some 42 pages ago. We do love our black kitties, don't we? 

Here are the latest of Panthera who is now pushing 8 and Patrick, the foster who I think will be here forever, who is about 4. 

Panthera checking out the new electric fireplace

I brought the cat tree in from the enclosed  patio and Patrick was right on top as soon as it came in. However, he has deferred to 16 year old Capucchino right away when she decided that the top spot was HER'S! And she's not even black! She's a seal point Birman weighing 7'2 to his 12 lbs!

fabio984

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's Portuguese and it's an automatic app message saying " sent from my iPhone with tapatalk

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow what a lovely thread!
I love black kittys , had a sweet one named Hollyhock for 11 years still miss her even though we have 9 cats right now. I remember when I got her that her mom's owner said she was carefull who got the black ones.
Do they really have a harder time finding homes my tortise shell cat just had 5 kit one like her self a red tabby and 3 black

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow what a lovely thread!
I love black kittys , had a sweet one named Hollyhock for 11 years still miss her even though we have 9 cats right now. I remember when I got her that her mom's owner said she was carefull who got the black ones.
Do they really have a harder time finding homes my tortise shell cat just had 5 kit one like her self a red tabby and 3 black
Yes, in the US black cats have a really hard time finding a home. In the UK black cats are snatched up right away, you will hardly find one in a shelter. So perhaps in Nova Scotia people will be more open to these lovelies like they are in the UK.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, in the US black cats have a really hard time finding a home. In the UK black cats are snatched up right away, you will hardly find one in a shelter. So perhaps in Nova Scotia people will be more open to these lovelies like they are in the UK.
We need to do a cat swap with the UK. I never understood the silly superstition, many people are missing out on a wonderful cat because of it 

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's interesting I grew up in the west coast of Canada and we had cats but never a black one. My dad had a grey tuxedo cat and she had her one litter with manx the breeder let roam of the 6 kits one was all black stubie tailed loved then ever since.

kittykin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This was my beloved Moose, who was a very loving and lively cat. He drooled when he purred, actually played fetch and hide n seek with me, and greeted me at the door everyday when I came home from school as a teenager. He also slept at the foot of my bed every night <3 <3 <3

This is Bella. She is technically a tuxedo cat but mostly black and gorgeous! I rescued her from a college friend I realized was abusing her by hitting and punting her (we're not friends anymore). I was not able to keep her for good, but I had her for a year while finding a home for her due to my landlord permitting me to keep her temporarily. She's now living with a lovely couple!

This is Prince, he's my baby and loves to be pet constantly! I own him along with my tiger striped tabby Tyrion. I got them both at the same shelter the same day. Prince is the loverboy, Tyrion is my playmate/fighter :3

Here's Prince the first night I brought him home from adoption. Happy in his little window napping near me <3