Black Cats Only

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
You must not live in the US. "Gotcha" is a contraction of "got you", it's sort of a sloppy way of talking. So "Gotcha Day" means "Got You Day", the day the owner "got" or acquired the new cat or any other living thing that you would address with "you". Sometimes this is also rendered as "gotchu' as Sonny & Cher were singing "I gotchu, babe".  

linkfarm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes we will certainly find her a good home. It just takes a little time till the right person comes along. We have homed special needs cats as well, it just takes time. There really are lovely people out there.

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

You must not live in the US. "Gotcha" is a contraction of "got you", it's sort of a sloppy way of talking. So "Gotcha Day" means "Got You Day", the day the owner "got" or acquired the new cat or any other living thing that you would address with "you". Sometimes this is also rendered as "gotchu' as Sonny & Cher were singing "I gotchu, babe".  
lol. i'm assuming that was in response to my question? i'm a bit confused because i wasn't quoted or tagged.

i'm from NYC gwurrrllL!! i just never got of a gotcha day. All pets that i have currently i know when they were born...so...i don't really consider a gotcha day for them...i just go by their birthdays. lol. but a gotcha day makes sense in @Bluebird Gal  's case as her kitty just appeared out of no where!

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Far from any of the better photos of our boys .. but this one has had me laughing for over an hour.  We have two cat hammocks in our front windows for the boys.  This is Monty during his afternoon nap in the setting sun.  

Any lingering doubts of whether or not we're doing the right things for him continue to disappear. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He sure looks comfortable. I am starting to wonder if all male cats like to lie on their backs, I have never had a female of any color who did that, actually, none of them liked to to have their belly touched and the males all like to get their's scratched.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started this thread. I had no idea there would be so many people who just loved black cats as they are the last to be adopted at the shelters. Superstition reigns supreme in the US. In other places black cats are supposed to bring good luck. Cats are cats, no matter what their color. I wasn't looking for any particular kind of cat although I preferred medium to long haired cats 2 1/2 years ago when I found this one who was 5 years old and had short hair, but he just sashayed into the room where he was living with some foster parents and decided that I was the person who should take him to his forever home. He was so right, I love him to death, he sleeps in my bed at night. He does not care for the other two cats who live here, a Persian and a Birman, and they don't care for him either although there are no fights beyond some hissing and an occasional growling. They only occasionally sleep in my bed when the black one decides he wants to sleep elsewhere. This alley cat with his seafoam eyes has turned out to be one of the most affectionate cats of which I have ever had the honor to become a caretaker although he is rather slow on learning new things like a brand-new cat door to the second-floor patio. He'd rather whine at the patio door for me to open the slider. He has finally learned to open the cat door as I refused to play "door man " for him, that's why I got the cat door in the first place. The other two learned it within a day, he took two weeks. BLACK CATS ARE BEST NEVERTHE LESS. 

cbowdidge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have known five black cats including Merlin, not one of them were nasty or unfriendly. In fact, everyone story of black cats I've seen all say how wonderful they are. I wasn't looking for a specific cat either, but Merlin had me pegged. My hairdresser, who loves black cats, and had one herself said black cats are the most abused and least likely to be adopted so she was happy I picked a black cat. I'm happy I did too! I dare anyone to meet Merlin and tell me he's bad luck. 

cbowdidge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

How could anyone think a kitten this cute was bad luck!  
    I hope you weren't planning on washing your little fur-guy with your dishes.  
No idea. That's my favourite picture of Merlin.  He's still adorable now, as an adult.

Love seeing everyone's black furbabies.