Black cat turning white

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a tuxedo cat who is black with a white undercoat on his black areas. His tail is he most notable area. It was completely black when he was 6 weeks old. Now he's almost 5 months and the white is becoming more and more prominent.

sooty22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ive had my Sooty nearly 6 weeks now. There is no background history of him due him being a stray the RSPCA reckons hes approx 5 yrs old when i got him home he had a few white tag alongs on his fur but now hes settled in he has gotten white along his upper mouth, arpund his neck line and around his body not noticeable if hes not on you. It came out gradually i think.it may be down to stress from being a stray then shut away in the RSPCA with other sweet loving cats that cry to coming home to a relaxing environment where he is loved, come and go as he pleases and sleep well. He will be taking his 1st trip up to the vets soon for a check up and getting his monthly fleaing will ask Andy his vet if this is the case if theres any possibility he can actually tell me how old he is! He is the most vocal, loving little man and I'm so glad he cuddled into me that day nearly 6 weeks ago [emoji]129303[/emoji]

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted Casey who is now 2 years old as a 7 week old kitten.  He is an all black short hair cat.  He has one piece of white hair on his body and it has always been there.  It will be interesting to see if his coat changes color at all now as he gets older.