Bizzare cleaning ruitual

zella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a kitten named Pitch, he is a beautiful little black kitten who would be between four and five months old now. Last night I noticed him making strange sounds while cleaning himself, as if he was farting. I honestly at first just thought he had the farts. However he likes to sit on my desk, just under my nose and I wasnt smelling anything that could back up my theory. Today I noticed he only does it while cleaning himself, so after some careful watching of him I finally got to see what he is doing. He doesnt simply lick himself but instead spits/drools on himself and then licks that around (the weird nose was just him dribbling his spit out) I have never noticed any of my other cats clean themselves like that before.

Is it normal? He is a completely normal little boy apart from that.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep. Boots did that all the time when he was younger. I thought he was farting too, but it turns out he was just slobbering on himself to make cleaning easier. :lol3:

He doesn't do it anymore. Not sure why.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, I totally needed a place to ask questions and rant about how much I adore my feline family haha.

Its good to know that Boots did it as well I was a little worried that I had a rather strange little kitten here.

Thank you for the help :D